Posted to uk.d-i-y
Chris J Dixon Chris J Dixon is offline

Default Electricity costs.

sweetheart wrote:

No, OH has taken the fact we are insulated as an opportunity to drop the
heating down so we dont have them on very high - to save money. But he
still says we are paying too much and using too much, but I cannot see how
( and I dont know where he gets his figures unless its money box on radio 4)

No, but I have a bad chest as a result of a previous bout. Any infection
will trigger me in a cold and damp home especially with the mould. The mould
spores get onto my chest and makes me ill too. But OH doesnt listen. The
mould breeds in cold and damp in our house - put the heat on and it goes
away. Until my OH went of this eco / cost binge we had the heating on in
winter and never had any mould in any room. Now we have it all over the
house and frankly the place stinks of must.

As others have said, your power use doesn't seem excessive, and
the penny-pinching you report your OH as imposing appears
unreasonable.

Are you seeking evidence to enable you to discuss matters
rationally, or simply moral support? I'm not sure that being
right keeps one warm.

From the tone of your postings, the chance of OH being persuaded
that he is wrong, even in the face of logical evidence, seems
remote.

As one who has often been accused of behaving logically, when an
emotional response might have been more appropriate, it seems to
me that your choice comes down to accept the situation or change
it.

Chris
--
Chris J Dixon Nottingham UK