Posted to uk.d-i-y
sweetheart[_2_] sweetheart[_2_] is offline

Default Electricity costs.

"tony sayer" wrote in message

He just wont spend the money.

Has he got the money to spend?. Sounds like if your getting chest
infections because of mould then thats a serious problem. Perhaps either
too much moisture in the building or too many cold surfaces for it to
condense on..

This is moot. He says we havent. He scrutinises all the bills and claims
we cannot afford them.

However, I work , although its only part time. I get about £906 month take
home in a standard month. If I work overtime I can get maybe £200 more
sometimes but that cannot be counted on.

My husband retired a couple of years ago and gets a pension of £830 month
after tax from his ex employer. He also has an interest payment of £121
month coming in from investments.currently ( but that cant be totally
relied on either as it could go down in the future - but not for at least 12
months) . We do not get any benefits and he is not old enough for a state
pension and cant claim pension credit.

We have no mortgage. The electric bill is as I said. No other fuel. Our
biggest monthly bill is the council tax at £128 a month and the house
insurance at £20 a month ( just gone up)
We run a car ( I have to go to work).

If you are asking do we have money in the bank to pay the bills - then , yes
we do. But other half believes we have to save as much as possible because
one day we will be bankrupt because we spend it.

I am not sure what ( other than christmas presents ) we do spend it on. In
fact, we dont. The bank balance shows that but OH is a "saver" . He wont
spend on anything. He has become more obsessed since he retired.