Andy Hall

Default Condensing boiler - odd installation

On Sun, 26 Oct 2003 13:00:20 -0000, "mike.james"
wrote:

In my friends world this gives about 5 to 8 years to pay back the invesment.
As he is thinking of selling up in at most 5 years you can see that I can't
swing
the argument on cost - which is all he seems to be interested in.

At current gas prices, I would be surprised if cost recovery were not
achieved in 5 years, and there is no evidence to suggest that gas
prices will drop......

This is a better argument, if rising prices could be better :-)

If those are his decision making criteria then fine - I wouldn't waste
my time with any more discussion.

Another factor that one could consider, since this becomes more of a
commercial environment is that in five years, this older type of
boiler will be off the market. I would have thought that being able
to offer a potential buyer lower running costs at that stage would be
an interesting selling point. If I were a buyer, and noticed that
an inefficient system had (realtively recently) been installed, I
would start to look quite closely at what other capital economies had
been made.

Presumably a property requiring this size of installation is going to
be on the market for a bob or two, so nickel and diming over a couple
of hundred quid in capital outlay seems somewhat strange,......

I'd let him get on with it,.......

..andy

To email, substitute .nospam with .gl