Posted to uk.d-i-y
Jim K[_2_] Jim K[_2_] is offline

Default Advice please on filling crack between brickwork and rendering

On Aug 15, 8:55 pm, Keefiedee wrote:
On Aug 15, 5:32 pm, Jim K wrote:

Jim, have you actually done the search you suggest? All I can find is
advice about movement, or expansion, joints in paving etc., i.e in a
horizontal surface,

snip

first page of results 9th link down....your call

(can you see the evolving self-help based pattern here?;)

I'm not sure I appreciate this rather patronising comment.

??so??

I, perhaps
mistakenly, thought this newsgroup was a place where the experienced
were happy to help and guide the inexperienced. It has certainly been
very helpful for me in answering questions in the past that I could
perhaps have googled, but googling doesn't allow one to find someone
who has had a similar problem and found a good way of dealing with it.

Speaking for myself I am more than happy to contribute to person(s)
quests for information if I beleive I have thoughts/experience that
*may* be of use.
However what is rather soul-destroying is occasional posters who
appear (as you appear) to be unwilling to actually put *some of their
own* time and effort into helping themselves, rather than just sitting
back expecting an *instant solution* to drop in their lap - gratis.

You request help and guidance - and that is what I have offered along
with a mechanism for gleaning information *yourself*. If after
investigating for *yourself* there are still mysteries - posting back
here, I am sure, wll bring positive responses along with discussions
as necessary.

"You get out what you put in" is an adage that summarises this
resource in my mind - YMMV...

Jim K