Posted to alt.home.repair
Charlie[_7_] Charlie[_7_] is offline

Default Kenmore DW - Round Two?

"Charlie" wrote in message

"bobmct" wrote in message
Thanks all for the suggestions. I did follow them and assured that
there is a good 122 VAC arriving at the connection box. The
connection to the DW wires are clean and secure (now). But, still no
power to the machine.

Before I pull the unit out and/or disassemble the entire door looking
for interlock switches, I find it strange that thereiare NO led's that
will illuminate.

This model has a long row of touch pads along the top edge of the door
to select cycles and options. When selected the little led turns red.
Once the door is closed there are two touch pads on the front face: a
start and a cancel.

Again, it appears that the entire unit is without power so if the feed
is verified then is there a major switch of some sorts early in the
circuitry such as an internal breaker, thermisor, etc?

Thanks

I snooped around a bit out of curiosity. If you google kenmore parts and
plug your model number in you can look through the pages and see what
parts are available.

Two items that may be applicable to your symptoms. Best bet is a fuse kit.
there are three shown in the kit. The other item is the electronic control
panel.
I would sure chase down the fuses. That would be the most likely. In your
later post you found a device that was open .
Go order the fuse kit ( around (20-30 bucks )

Charlie

You said you found an open device. There is also a thermal fuse. A good one
will show a short.
Check the link.
http://www.searspartsdirect.com/part...erId=665&mv=rr