Posted to alt.home.repair
Jeff Thies Jeff Thies is offline

Default Kenmore DW - Round Two?

On 8/15/2010 11:12 AM, bobmct wrote:
Thanks all for the suggestions. I did follow them and assured that
there is a good 122 VAC arriving at the connection box. The
connection to the DW wires are clean and secure (now). But, still no
power to the machine.

Before I pull the unit out and/or disassemble the entire door looking
for interlock switches, I find it strange that thereiare NO led's that
will illuminate.

This model has a long row of touch pads along the top edge of the door
to select cycles and options. When selected the little led turns red.
Once the door is closed there are two touch pads on the front face: a
start and a cancel.

Again, it appears that the entire unit is without power so if the feed
is verified then is there a major switch of some sorts early in the
circuitry such as an internal breaker, thermisor, etc?

I can't even locate a pdf of this unit online but there was a
schematic behind the access panel whihk appears to have timer cycles,
etc.

You are going to have to disassemble to fix it it anyways, so go ahead
(assuming you won't call a repairman later).
It's been a while since I've been to a Sears Repair Center, but they
used to have microfiche of all their products. Generally appliance do
have a schematic on them, take another look at it. Sometimes you can
find repair manuals at your local repair parts center.

I'm not an appliance repairman, so my suggestions are far from gospel.

What I would do, if I had nothing, is to trace the power back from
the plug.

As with all repairs, it's best to actually trace and test than to
randomly replace.

Jeff

So I tough I would ask if anyone had/has experience with the series
(665.15954 - made by Whirlpool) that may have run across this
situation before. With the economy I really don't wish to call a
repairman for obvious reasons (sorry all repairmen) 'cause the unit is
about 10 years old.

Thanks