Posted to uk.d-i-y
tony sayer tony sayer is offline

Default Electricity costs.

In article , sweetheart
hotmail.com@?.? scribeth thus

"tony sayer" wrote in message
What I really needed to know as per my original question is are my
electricity costs exorbitant in terms of other peoples or is my OH being
unrealistic in his expectations of reducing it further?
That's why I gave the figures.

Ever thought of asking the neighbours if they have similar properties?..

Ah, well aside of the fact I dont know my neighbours well enough for that, I
am afraid we do not have similar properties.
I live in a rural hamlet and all the houses are different.

My one neighbour has a 1980's built four bed house and the other a two bed
1977 built house . Both use wood fires for heating.

I have a large detached bungalow on a smallholding with two beds ( could be
three if some enterprising family wanted to shuffle up in the sitting room
using it as a diner or even using the kitchen as a diner instead of having
it as a large room and having separate kitchen and dining rooms. Mine was
built in 1958. There were no other houses around back then. There was a
small build of houses further up the valley in the 1980's but they are not
comparable in any way.

But as I said, I really would not feel able to ask.

Ever thought about going LPG gas or solid fuel heating or would that be
too much up front Capx spend?..
--
Tony Sayer