Posted to uk.d-i-y
js.b1 js.b1 is offline

Default Electricity costs.

On Aug 15, 5:37*pm, "sweetheart" hotmail.com wrote:
But I have already pointed out we are insulated to the hilt above and beyond
all specifications. So this cannot apply. Sorry.

Sorry, missed that, stripping wallpaper between posting the past few
days :-)

In which case what temperature are you running?
You can pick up a cheap LCD inside/outside thermostat and they can be
handy for fine-tuning storage heaters - even automatic ones.

Females in a living room without radiant heating tends to need a
higher temperature with convective heating than a male. For example
with a gas fire 21oC is "about right" and 22oC is "way too hot, open
the door". Conversely with convective heating 23oC was required and
23.5oC felt "about the same, but missed the radiant heat". Did a lot
of tests in 2009 winter.

Npower in NW are circa 4.9p unit including VAT for E7 with £50+50
(dual fuel) annual discount on top. That is not the cheapest, I think
that is 4.5p at the moment AND the NW is one of the most expensive
areas for E7 (classed as North Wales ironically).

ok, what about water meter?
Rateable charge is probably £450, water meter charge for 2 people is
probably £200-250. You can reject the meter in the first year if you
wish, but the next occupier has to have meter-based readings.