Posted to uk.d-i-y
js.b1 js.b1 is offline

Default Electricity costs.

On Aug 15, 5:45*pm, "tim...." wrote:
"js.b1" wrote in message
#1 Loft Insulation, £50-99-199.

Dunno where they get this figure from.

Type "Loft Insulation" into Google. Price for labour & glasswood
insulation for a 3 bed semi (easy access, 45m^2 loft area) varies from
£0 (free) to £199 depending on financial circumstances.

Sis has just been quoted 2,500 of which only 300 was the labour.
As she has specified some "allergy" free stuff I assumed that
she was over paying for materials but I checked and even
the cheapest stuff came out at almost 1500.

Does she specifically need anti-allergy stuff?
You can get glasswool in foil bags (useful vapour barrier) with a few
perforations. PIR to 165mm for 45m^2 is about £700-800, I think it is
200-220mm now for 2010 regs. Blown in polystyrene is not so good in
well ventilated lofts (stream of polystrene beads blowing out in
stormy weather and looks like a mountain range inside).

Anti-allergy stuff may move her into more exotic materials where price
competition is simply not present.