Posted to uk.d-i-y
sweetheart[_2_] sweetheart[_2_] is offline

Default Electricity costs.

"tim...." wrote in message

"sweetheart" hotmail.com wrote in message

"tony sayer" wrote in message
What I really needed to know as per my original question is are my
electricity costs exorbitant in terms of other peoples or is my OH being
unrealistic in his expectations of reducing it further?
That's why I gave the figures.

Ever thought of asking the neighbours if they have similar properties?..

Ah, well aside of the fact I dont know my neighbours well enough for
that, I am afraid we do not have similar properties.
I live in a rural hamlet and all the houses are different.

My one neighbour has a 1980's built four bed house and the other a two
bed 1977 built house . Both use wood fires for heating.

Really.

Sis has a wood fire, but only because it's pretty. She has to turn the CH
on for heating

I think both have central heating running from the woodburners. I know they
get logs from those around who cut trees every winter.

My one neighbour is a real greenie type and he recently changed from oil to
this wood fire but he only has one main living room even though the house is
four beds ( was two bed but previous owners chopped the bed rooms in half
and made it a four bed ) .

I suspect oil was too expensive.

The other neighbour is elderly and has always used coal fired central
heating from a multi fuel fire with back boiler.
He has E 7 but doesn't use much.