Posted to uk.d-i-y
tony sayer tony sayer is offline

Default Electricity costs.

In article , sweetheart
hotmail.com@?.? scribeth thus
I know this is cheeky but I wondered if anyone would be willing to give me a
"price comparison" for their electric usage?

My house is a large 2 bedroom bungalow. I say large because we have large
rooms and a big kitchen dining room and extra big sitting room as well as
two double bedrooms.

There is no gas main where I am so I use all electric - economy 7

The bill for this last year has come to £1086 . That includes the central
heating last winter. The company is British Gas - so not the cheapest I am
sure but given its E7 none of them come in greatly cheaper for my area
(Cornwall) so I have stayed with who I know since they have been no trouble.

FWIW all of our tenants have complained big time re their power bill's
since last winter which as we know was once of the worst for some years
hence the power demands will be higher, and I dread to think what
electric only heating costs will be for larger houses!.

That said and re the other responses why don't you keep a daily or
weekly record of meter readings to see where its going then seek out a
cheaper supplier, and look at improving insulation and reducing
consumption if you can....

There are other power companies who are very little trouble..
--
Tony Sayer