Posted to uk.d-i-y
[email protected] dom@gglz.com is offline

Default Electricity costs.

We have all of that. The only problem I do find is living in a very damp
part of the country we are constantly plagued by condensation since
increasing the insulation. *I have been told this is because we are totally
air tight and we run the heating too low!

You might try a dehumidifier then. Because everything (especially
clothes/upholstery) will feel bone-dry to the touch, you may be
comfortable with a slightly lower room temperature. (However, if your
house is a sealed box, you should really have properly designed house
ventilation - usually by kitchen and bathroom extracts).

Electric blankets are great things in cold houses - also keeping the
sheets bone dry and comfortable, in addition to the warmth - and very
cheap to run.

And buy warm clothes - really, really expensive arctic stuff - and
make that skinflint hubby pay.