Posted to uk.d-i-y
sweetheart[_2_] sweetheart[_2_] is offline

Default Electricity costs.

"Roger Mills" wrote in message
On 15/08/2010 10:26, sweetheart wrote:

"The Wanderer" wrote in message
.. .
On Sun, 15 Aug 2010 09:40:13 +0100, Andy Cap wrote:

I'm also sorry to appear flippant, BUT, you problem is not the
electricity but your husband.

Ditto all wot he said.

Do you manage the account wholly on-line? Most suppliers now offer a
discount if you opt for a fully on-line managed account. I get an
extra 10%
discount on my account.

No, to do this would be cheaper I know - about £30 cheaper but to be
honest I have a phone bill on line and its a pain. I can never see what
we are paying. I like to get the bill and see it. At least that way I
know whats going on.

I don't understand that. You may not get a paper bill in the post - but
with most suppliers you can access a bill online and print it out if you
wish. That is certainly true with my BT phone bills and my Scottish Power
and Southern Electric energy bills.

That has not been my experience with either BT or videophone ( my mobile
phone). The bills are erratic. On personal level I have to remember the log
in details and on at least one occasion they locked me out despite the
details being correct..

When I do see the bill it isn't like having a paper copy in my had to read.
I can rarely make sense of them
Finally online bill management seems to mean you have no right of recourse
to speak to anyone, it has to be done online.

But bottom line is, I would like a bill sent . I am old fashioned and want
to sit and read it .