Posted to uk.d-i-y
brass monkey brass monkey is offline

Default Electricity costs.

"sweetheart" hotmail.com wrote in message

"Dave Liquorice" wrote in message
ll.co.uk...
On Sun, 15 Aug 2010 09:20:08 +0100, sweetheart wrote:

The bill for this last year has come to £1086 . That includes the
central heating last winter.

Our monthly DD is £51... we don't space heat with electricity. I've
just given them a meter reading, online, and I'm reasonably sure I
saw a page flash up saying the the DD is going to rise to £61 and
that I don't need to do anything. Oh yes I fing do, I need to contest
that DD rise. I want to be under paying a little rather than over a
lot!

Thank you for that.

My eco conscious and money miser husband thinks our bill is high and
wants me to look for ways to cut it.

You haven't managed to chuck him out yet then?

No, I do love him despite his obsession with money. I just want to know
how reasonable it is and what should be reasonable fuel ( energy costs in
total ) costs for a year.

He says our bill is high ( the DD is £26 a month ) but I cant see where
its going other than on things I need now.

12 X 26 = £312. Bill £1086 = shortfall of £774. The power companies
are normally very good at ensuring that they owe you money all the
year rather than the other way round. OK we are talking Bristish Gas
but I don't think even they are that incompetent. B-)

I am sorry I did make a mistake there. The DD is £26 a week. That is for
everything since we dont have any other form of fuel at all. british Gas
have just raided it to that for the next period. We were paying a DD of
86 a month and now its to be £108. We are currently £122 in credit on the
bill we received yesterday.

I pay £100 per month for dual fuel, and in a bungalow, but we're retired so
in all day.