Posted to uk.d-i-y
Alan[_10_] Alan[_10_] is offline

Default Electricity costs.

In message , Andy Cap
wrote

I have found BG have improved markedly of late, but that doesn't make
them the cheapest.

In the last 3 years I have found BG to be cheapest BUT this is for my
usage of dual fuel. Comparing other peoples bills is often like
comparing apples with oranges. Unless you live in identical properties
and have an identical lifestyle the bills could be substantially
different.

As for the bill, it sounds reasonable enough - I'm guessing the DD
figure is per week !

I agree, to me the figure does appear realistic and the stated usage of
appliances on a day to day basis is not out-of-order.

If the OP has registered on the Web with BG they would be able to see
the historic information on the account and they would be able to
calculated exactly the usage in KW for a complete 12 month period. This
figure could be then plugged into the web comparison sites.

The warning I would give about BG is that they will keep you on the
tariff you signed up to. They may have a cheaper tariff they haven't
told you about. You still need to go to the price comparison sites to
see if BG have a cheaper deal. In my experience changing tariffs with
BG takes around two minutes on line on their own web site if you have
registered your previous account with them. Changing tariffs will mean a
minimum contract period during which there is a fee if you change
suppliers or tariffs again. However this minimum period is often around
6 months, which is shorter than with some other suppliers.

--
Alan