Posted to alt.home.repair

Default Wireless Burglar Alarm

On Sun, 15 Aug 2010 00:05:32 -0400, "Ed Pawlowski" wrote:

"Evan" wrote

Are you the landlord or the tenant in this 900 s.f. house ?

If you are the tenant you will need to discuss this addition with your
landlord and obtain permission as the installer/dealer is going to
need consent from the property owner to install the control box and
phone dialer for central monitoring...

This type of system has no dealer or installer. It is plugged into the
phone nad there is an AC adapter for power. I don't see where the homeowner
needs to give consent for anything.

If you are the landlord don't be cheap about this... If you are
looking
to invest in your rental home and add an amenity then go through a
local alarm company dealer which will be around to service your
system in the future if something ever goes wrong with it...

Our alarm company charges $90 an hour for service. This entire system sell
for $93. Sure, it may not be quite as effective as a monitored system, but
a blasting siren solves most break-in problems.

....and a blasting from a gun solves the rest.