Posted to alt.home.cleaning,misc.consumers.frugal-living,uk.d-i-y,alt.home.repair
Rod Speed Rod Speed is offline

Default Leaking Parker ball pen

mm wrote:
On Sat, 14 Aug 2010 00:50:16 +0100, "michael adams"
wrote:

/
"geoff" wrote in message
In message , michael adams
writes

"john hamilton" wrote in message
I thought Parker ball pens were not supposed to leak, mine has
even though it's not been stored upside down.

It's very sticky inside. Is there any good way to clean it out?
Thanks for advice.

Isopropyl alcohol, obtainable from a store chemist but quite
expensive.

About £5/litre

The last time I bought any it cost £6.99 for 500ml, well over twice
that. The label is still on the bottle. With store chemists who

That's amazing. The last time I bought some it was 70% isopropyl
alcohol and it was about 2 dollars for a pint, 473 ml.

That was about 2 months ago. I thought I would need to get the oil
soot out of my computer, but the stuff turned out to not be sticky,
and will blow right off what ever it is sitting on, or be sucked off
with a vacuum cleaner.

actually stock it being thin on the ground, you have to take what
you can find.

While it may be cheaper in bulk, isopropyl alcohol is highly
inflammable. And so buying a litre or more for occasional use
in cleaning tape heads and the like, is not only hazardous
but probably a false economy as well. Unless that is, additional
uses can be found for it.
michael adams

Don't they make little stoves or lamps that run on this stuff?

Nope, thats metho.