Posted to alt.home.cleaning,misc.consumers.frugal-living,uk.d-i-y,alt.home.repair
Frank Erskine Frank Erskine is offline

Default Leaking Parker ball pen

On Sun, 15 Aug 2010 01:05:28 +0100, "Spamlet"
wrote:

"Frank Erskine" wrote in message
.. .
On Sat, 14 Aug 2010 18:22:25 +0000,
(DA) wrote:

responding to
http://www.homeownershub.com/cleanin...pen-10625-.htm
DA wrote:

john hamilton wrote:

I thought Parker ball pens were not supposed to leak, mine has even
though it's not been stored upside down.

Could have been a bad OEM cartridge i.e. Parker-compatible instead of
Parker. That or you can no longer trust anyone's quality [sigh] Toyota's
recent debacle comes to mind.

I believe Parker 'ink' pens are now made in France 8-(((

I don't know about their cartridges since I use a refillable (from an
ink bottle!) insert-thing, but Quink is also French, according a quick
glance under the bottle.

--
Frank Erskine

If, like most people nowadays, you are doing most of your writing via a
keyboard, and adopt a pen only for cards and signatures, you will probably
find your fountain pen, and even good old Rotring, need cleaning out every
time you want to use them.

I think I do more writing with an 'ink' pen, and real Cumberland 3H
pencils... I try not to be like "most people".

You may find, as I have, that good old fashioned
dip pens with a good selection of nibs, and a range of small bottles of
coloured inks, are actually more convenient and fun to write with. They
only need a wipe with a tissue between uses. A dip mapping pen is still
excellent for fine lines too.

I have to admit that I haven't used a 'dip' pen for a wee while. Or my
Rotring - probably since college days...

--
Frank Erskine