Posted to alt.home.cleaning,misc.consumers.frugal-living,uk.d-i-y,alt.home.repair
Spamlet Spamlet is offline

Default Leaking Parker ball pen

"Frank Erskine" wrote in message
On Sat, 14 Aug 2010 18:22:25 +0000,
(DA) wrote:

responding to
http://www.homeownershub.com/cleanin...pen-10625-.htm
DA wrote:

john hamilton wrote:

I thought Parker ball pens were not supposed to leak, mine has even
though it's not been stored upside down.

Could have been a bad OEM cartridge i.e. Parker-compatible instead of
Parker. That or you can no longer trust anyone's quality [sigh] Toyota's
recent debacle comes to mind.

I believe Parker 'ink' pens are now made in France 8-(((

I don't know about their cartridges since I use a refillable (from an
ink bottle!) insert-thing, but Quink is also French, according a quick
glance under the bottle.

--
Frank Erskine

If, like most people nowadays, you are doing most of your writing via a
keyboard, and adopt a pen only for cards and signatures, you will probably
find your fountain pen, and even good old Rotring, need cleaning out every
time you want to use them. You may find, as I have, that good old fashioned
dip pens with a good selection of nibs, and a range of small bottles of
coloured inks, are actually more convenient and fun to write with. They
only need a wipe with a tissue between uses. A dip mapping pen is still
excellent for fine lines too.