Posted to alt.home.repair
mike[_11_] mike[_11_] is offline

Default Air Conditioner Outside Condenser Cover Question

Bob wrote:
High,

Live in New England.
Lots of snow in winter.

Re a house air conditioner I have just had installed, where the A/C's
Condenser unit is, of course, located outside.

Do most folks put a cover of some sort over it in the winter ?

Or, just let the snow and rain fall thru the grill on the top and to the
bottom ?

Was wondering, if a cover is used, about condensation, etc.

What do most folks do ?

Thanks,

I put a garbage bag around mine secured with an old bike inner tube..
Then a metal box on top of that
just because I had the metal around and needed some spot welding practice.
Cut a hole in the plastic on the house side under the eave so it could
breathe.
Keeps all the pine needles out in the fall/winter.

And a big sticker on the breaker reminding me not to turn it on
without removing the cover.