Posted to alt.home.repair
[email protected] celticsoc@aol.com is offline

Default Hot Dog Saw Tested on Finger

On Aug 11, 9:46*pm, RicodJour wrote:
On Aug 11, 10:23*pm, Steve Barker wrote:

On 8/11/2010 3:00 PM, RicodJour wrote:

http://www.consumersearch.com/table-saw-reviews
That's a review aggregation site and they don't make an opinion, they
just report what others' have written. *Silly publications like Fine
Woodworking, American Woodworker, etc., etc. seem to like the SawStop
just fine. *I'm sure they'd appreciate you posting your opinion on why
the saw is a POS and how you arrived at that conclusion. *Everyone
needs a laugh now and again. *Thanks.

Of course those publications like the saw. *They got paid to put the
article there.

Sigh. *So, since there were a number of different manufacturers' saws,
they all paid? *Whoever paid the most won top honors? *And they did
that for however many magazines? *Are there any other nefarious
woodworking conspiracies you'd care to share?

By your logic, any magazine that accepted advertising would be barred
from reviewing any of that manufacturer's products. *That's a good
business model. *Start a magazine and let me know how it works out.

Isn't that the concept behind Consumer Reports?