Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
Jon Anderson Jon Anderson is offline

Default Semi-neat trick for sealing 5C collets

On 8/14/2010 3:55 AM, Karl Townsend wrote:

Is it easy to add custom Mcodes? How about Gcodes?

Overall, it's very easy to use, though I have pondered trying to
interface Mach3. Just pondered, I've got plenty on my plate right now...

I can't get the OEM mobo to recognize a HDD. I replaced it with one that
would, but a power spike killed it and I'm back to the original. Hard to
find a 486 mobo with an ISA slot where I need it for the riser card. At
a price I'm willing to pay anyway, Omni wants something like $600 for a
mobo, and even on ebay most that will work for me run a couple hundred.
Maybe a better solution would be to cable all the connections outside
the box so I can use a standard computer in a mini-tower. That frees me
up to use most any mobo.
When I did have it working with a HDD, I was using a CF card to IDE
adapter in a 3.5" floppy bay and a Kodak 20mb CF card. Can't hot swap
the card, but it sure made it easy to back up the entire setup to my
desktop.

It's pretty limited in terms of doing anything custom so far as I can
see, but for what it does, it does it very very well. It sure made a
major difference in my shop and the work I can do. I've done some simple
delrin parts, and knock them out fast enough to make close to $150/hr.
Unfortunately that job doesn't come around very often...

Jon