Posted to alt.home.repair
Jeff Thies Jeff Thies is offline

Default Architectural Software

On 8/13/2010 7:13 PM, RicodJour wrote:
On Aug 13, 5:53 pm, Jeff wrote:
I was drawing on graph paper and thought, why aren't I doing this on
the laptop?

Recommendations? Perhaps a little CAD program is all I need. My
friend who is making building plans is using Photoshop because he
couldn't find what he liked and wanted layers. Sounds like too much trouble!

SketchUp - it's free, from Google, easy to learn, surprisingly
powerful. Free plugins make it sit up and bark.

Thanks to all.

I'm starting with SketchUp and working my way through the other
suggestions. As a programmer, I like that (with SketchUp) I can write a
little code and season it to taste. Not that I would, but I could! Free
ain't bad either.

Jeff