Posted to alt.home.repair
Harry K Harry K is offline

Default Air Conditioner Outside Condenser Cover Question

On Aug 13, 8:23*pm, "Ed Pawlowski" wrote:
"Jane" wrote

Hundreds of millions of people do nothing. *The moving parts wear out
long before corrosion becomes an issue. *I have one that 20 years old
now and it's got a bit of rust here and there but nothing worth
bothering about. *Unless you live on the coast and then the salt gets
them while you are using it anyway.

Exactly. If it sits in a place where something can fall on it, like a huge
icicle, put a piece of plywood on the top, but leave the sides open for
ventilation.

I have a 'gable roof' lid I put on mine. Not for rain/snow, etc. but
to keep crud out of it in the off season. If I didn't have that it
would be full of leaves.

Harry K