Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
Karl Townsend Karl Townsend is offline

Default Semi-neat trick for sealing 5C collets

On Fri, 13 Aug 2010 19:19:36 -0800, Jon Anderson
wrote:

Turning some 304 SS parts, my Omniturn doesn't really like this stuff.
Maybe don't have the best part off tool for the material, but using what
I got. Parting off at low rpm, high flood coolant flow, and this allows
a lot of coolant to get through the slots in the collet face. Seldom
have this trouble at high rpm...

Fixed it with a couple dabs of oil based modeling clay packed into the
slots. Works perfect, easily removed when done.

Jon

Say, I do refits as a hobby and a little side income. I've always
wanted to hear more about Omni from a user.

Its PC based, correct? What OS is on the puter?

I know it does analog servos. Is there some sort of DSP card or does
the PC itself do the PID control?

Is there some sort of isolation card for I/O to the PC? Is there a
separate PLC for logic or is this done within the PC?

Is it easy to add custom Mcodes? How about Gcodes?

Karl