Posted to alt.home.repair
Jane Jane is offline

Default Air Conditioner Outside Condenser Cover Question

On Aug 13, 5:15*pm, Bob wrote:
High,

Live in New England.
Lots of snow in winter.

Re a house air conditioner I have just had installed, where the A/C's
Condenser unit is, of course, located outside.

Do most folks put a cover of some sort over it in the winter ?

Or, just let the snow and rain fall thru the grill on the top and to the
bottom ?

Was wondering, if a cover is used, about condensation, etc.

What do most folks do ?

Thanks,

Hundreds of millions of people do nothing. The moving parts wear out
long before corrosion becomes an issue. I have one that 20 years old
now and it's got a bit of rust here and there but nothing worth
bothering about. Unless you live on the coast and then the salt gets
them while you are using it anyway.