Posted to alt.home.repair
Robert Neville Robert Neville is offline

Default Architectural Software

"Pete C." wrote:

Recommendations? Perhaps a little CAD program is all I need. My
friend who is making building plans is using Photoshop because he
couldn't find what he liked and wanted layers. Sounds like too much trouble!

Jeff

Floorplan3D from IMSIsoft, ~$50 or so, easy to use and produces nice
photorealistic 3D renders. TurboCAD (also IMSI) if you want to do more
advanced plans.

Chief Architect is very interesting and has a huge number of object libraries
available, but I found it really tough to learn. That may have something to do
with the 3D design model the software uses which is dramatically different than
2D CAD programs.

You can buy a cheaper version under the Better Homes & Gardens Home Designer
label.