Posted to alt.home.repair
RicodJour RicodJour is offline

Default How do you tell good carpet from bad carpet?

On Aug 12, 12:01*pm, RicodJour wrote:
On Aug 12, 11:31*am, keith wrote:

If the whole house is done, they can often just put a seam in the
middle and keep the direction on each half the same, saving a lot. The
direction cannot be changed, though. *yes 30% or 50% loss is possible,
depending on the layout.

It's possible to have 100% wastage if it's installed in the wrong
house, if the wrong carpet is ordered, if the installer is a moron, or
the guy selling you the carpet is taking total advantage of your noob-
ness.

I provided scores of links that show carpet wastage to typically be
between 5% and 15%...which is roughly...errr....10%. *Show me just one
link that agrees with your grossly inflated wastage allowance and I'll
apologize. *Deal?

How's the search for the 30% to 50% wastage link going, keith?
I have an apology all ready to go whenever you are.

PS I'm just tweaking you - don't take it personally.