Posted to rec.woodworking
Lobby Dosser[_3_] Lobby Dosser[_3_] is offline

Default How much weight can a 3/4" of MDF support?

wrote in message
On Fri, 13 Aug 2010 16:11:46 -0700, "Lobby Dosser"
wrote:

"Han" wrote in message
. ..
"dadiOH" wrote in

Hell, use cement blocks and a board.

Oh, those college days!

College? I've still got some cement blocks and boards in the garage right
now. If I ever clear off the shelves, I'll build something more
aesthetically pleasing

One problem with dorm-modern furniture is carting the stuff home between
years. That television isn't going to be a picnic either. I was married
and
lived off-campus so I could leave our "early orange crate" furniture in
one
place.

I've got one of those TVs. A 36" Sony that probably weighs closer to 200#,
maybe more. I was having some yard work done and two guys ten bucks each to
move it from one stand to another. The state now has a recycling program for
this stuff, so when it dies I can have it hauled away for a reasonable
price.