Posted to rec.woodworking

Default How much weight can a 3/4" of MDF support?

"busbus" wrote
Now, I love the fact that they decided to go this way and they found
exactly what they wanted: an old, 32-inch, flat-screen tube TV. Don't
ask me how the heck they are going to fit it into their dorm room at
school and I don't care if one of them has to sleep on the floor.

But I am going to try to slap together a quick stand for it and here
is the rub: it is 32" wide (because the speakers are on either side)
and 23" deep and has to weigh well over 150 pounds.

Sounds like the TV I got rid of recently. Mine was 185 pounds and had a
CRT, not a flat panel like the new ones. Flat panels that size weigh about
30 pounds.

A box with well place center support will take that weight.