Posted to rec.woodworking
basilisk[_2_] basilisk[_2_] is offline

Default How much weight can a 3/4" of MDF support?

On Fri, 13 Aug 2010 06:42:33 -0700, Larry Jaques wrote:

On Fri, 13 Aug 2010 07:35:32 -0500, basilisk
wrote:

On Fri, 13 Aug 2010 05:13:08 -0700 (PDT), busbus wrote:
Does this sound like a plan? *Of course, I originally thought of a
couple 2x12s and some 12" concrete blocks but the moms puked. *Ain't
nothing going to be cheaper than that!

Actually, I think it may even be cheaper to use a couple 2x12s for the
top and find a piece of thin ply I have laying around to make a shelf.

go to radio shack and get a swivel wall mount, easy and saves floor
space.

Do you have any idea what a large mount like that costs, sir? (HINT:
it's about $200 more than bricks and low-grade tubatwelves.)

I've got one in the bedroom, don't recall what I paid for it, wasn't
that much though. I do remember how hard it was for an old fat man to
carry a 30 inch crt tv 9 feet up a ladder.

basilisk