Posted to sci.electronics.repair
Ken[_6_] Ken[_6_] is offline

Default motherboard cpu power section check

Mike De Petris wrote:
My laptop freezes when I connect the power cord, works well on battery
only.

I want to check the motherbard in search for the faulty component,
where could I find pinouts and voltages to check for?

Toshiba Satellite A205-S4577 (PSAF0U-01Q009)

Laptop Motherboard: MAIN BOARD 945GM. Main Board 945GM EXC+51 CA+MIC
MDC 1310A2120812 Alternate Part Numbers: V000108030

Processor:
LF80537 T5300
5648B999 SL9WE
1.73/2M/533
INTEL... copyright 06

I don't know about acquiring a schematic for trouble shooting the MB,
but the first thing I would do is test the power adapter with a load
attached. I have repaired several that output the correct voltage but
failed to regulate when loaded down.

Also, some Toshiba Satellite computers were notorious for having power
connector problems. I trust this computer does NOT have such a problem?