Posted to rec.woodworking
[email protected] keithw86@gmail.com is offline

Default Shop Wall and Electric

On Aug 12, 11:36*pm, Bill wrote:
wrote:
On Thu, 12 Aug 2010 23:48:00 -0400, *wrote:

Morgans wrote:
* wrote

Thanks for bring that up again--I think I'm going to take back the sanding
pole I bought and get one that involves the shopvac.

* *The biggest bonus of using that type is that the suction helps to pull it
onto the surface, so it requires less muscle to use it.

I paid the $44.38... (ouch!), and got it. *I expect it will probably
turn out to be a really good investment in my state of mind.

I wonder if one of the new Delta 18-900L DP's would be a good investment
in my state of mind too? *I'm not sure, but I sense that they may be
discontinuing the Delta 17-959L DP which I am more seriously considering.

Delta is proud of that 18-900L. *At $900 (Amazon) it's right up there with the
variable speed PowerMatic PM2800. *I've seen the PM2800 as low as $800, but
not often.

It's listed at Amazon, but Amazon is not the seller--CPO PorterCable is.
* I thought the retail on the DP was supposed to be $829 ($250 more than
the 17-959L). *I think the only thing I don't care for in the PM2800 is
that the slowest speed is not really slow enough to drill metal.

That's certainly something to consider, however I don't remember the
last time I drilled metal. I do like the variable speed feature of
the PM2800.