Posted to rec.woodworking
Jack Stein Jack Stein is offline

Default Metal rods for filing cabinet?

Lenona wrote:
On Aug 12, 2:00 pm, "SonomaProducts.com" wrote:

Remove the rods and get a free standing adjustable folder frame. They
sell them at all office supply stores.

Nice, but that would take up a little space inside, and the clippings
in the files stick out as it is. (I don't like to fold them too much
because it makes the files thicker.)

Not sure what you mean by clippings, but for hanging files these take up
almost no space (less than a half inch). If you don't have hanging
files, nows your chance to get them...

http://tinyurl.com/2bwrmbh

They are adjustable so fit any file drawer.

--
Jack
A fine is a tax for doing wrong. A tax is a fine for doing well.

Knuttle gave me an idea, though. Since I have some heavy-duty paper
clips and other odds and ends, and since we're all familiar with those
coat hooks that don't need any adhesive because they just hang over
the top of the door, I'll see if I can't construct something like
that! In which case, I won't need longer rods.

Thanks again to everyone.

Lenona.