Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

Default More progress with the mill

Wes wrote:

"Ed Huntress" ? wrote:

?? Ouch. But after rain, comes more humidity. I'm getting tired of checking
?? the NWS website
?? to see that my humiditiy is at 100% each morning. I doubt either one of
?? us are
?? experiencing an Arizona 'dry' heat.
?
?Dry heat here means that mushrooms may grow in your hat, but not in your
?ears.

I've noticed the east coast has been hit hard this year.
?
??
?? I went online to pay my electric bill today, noticed that my budgeted plan
?? wanted an extra
?? 159 bucks to settle for the year. Not so sure how much was my heated
?? machine room and how
?? much was my almost constantly running a/c in power save mode. Oh well, my
?? comfort is
?? worth it.
??
?? On the flip side, I got to skip a payment on propane last month since
?? winter was mild so I
?? broke even when I had to settle that budgeted account. Global warming
?? content there
??
??
?? Wes
?
?I sounds like you have the climate well controlled -- at least in your
?house. d8-)
?
?--
?Ed Huntress (typing while sitting in front of an air conditioner/water
?distiller unit -- too bad batteries are sealed these days)

Yes, free battery water. That likely went over the heads of 40 and below.

I'm still waiting for a G24-48 gel cell for a electric pallet jack with fork lift
capability. The economy is coming back, getting a freaking battery is taking a week and
fanuc parts are out there at least a week+ or so on many items.

Japan doesn't seem to understand JIT like they used to. I needed a bearing pack for a THK
motion system. It was 2 months out two months ago. I just recieved it. I can tell you
many horror stories about getting repair parts out of Japan. Japan is getting worse than
Europe on holiday.

The recovery, that I think has finally started, is going to be rocky. My opinion might be
biased by working in a firm that has a pick up in sales during the summer.

Panasonic has a 25 week lead time on some electrolytics I need. I
like their FM series low ESR 105°C capacitors for switching power
supplies.