Posted to alt.home.repair

Default Hot Dog Saw Tested on Finger

"keith" wrote

You *obviously* don't understand patents. He has this one locked up
tight. It has nothing to do with "technology", rather "function". A
better brake wouldn't get around the patent, nor would a better
detection device. It has nothing to do with "attitude". Sorry, but
that's the way it is.

I understand enough to know that patents can be gotten around. I know that
patents don't stop others from doing as they please. I know a company that
filed suit against about a dozen companies for infringing on his patent.
After 6 years, all he has to show so far is a big stack of lawyer bills.

Just because you are not clever enough to get around it does not mean that
some smart guy working in his basement will not. Sorry, but that's the way
it is. As I said, we'll talk again in a few years to see the status.