Posted to uk.d-i-y
Tabby Tabby is offline

Default Refurbishing table lamp... cord grip

On Aug 12, 12:44*am, "js.b1" wrote:
Thought not :-)

P clip sounds good, however I found another type of strain relief:
Essentially a piece of nylon flat bar with 2 or 3 holes in it through
which the cable is looped. Does not require much of a hole in the base
for access.

I do not like the aesthetics of the "side-exit" solutions, but I will
do a test diamond drill of a similar broken pottery item and if not
successful will have to go that route. It does at least give a proven
off the shelf solution.

If you mean to fix the P clip in place, as far as I can see it would
do nothing at all for strain relief. And it looks like thats the issue
here, not cordgripping per se.

Personally I wouldnt drill troika for the sake of what is a very minor
point.

NT