Posted to uk.d-i-y
js.b1 js.b1 is offline

Default Refurbishing table lamp... cord grip

On Aug 12, 9:53*pm, Grimly Curmudgeon
wrote:
What about a clamp-on grip with plenty of slack inside? Many lamps
of that type used to use that, but whether it's still ok, I don't know.

That is what I plan on, combined with the new lampholder which has
"insulated-core strain relief", together with a flash new 15p plastic
bush for the brass tube bit :-)

Before it had no bottom cord grip & no lampholder cord grip; with the
live insulation erupting it reminds me to do the quarterly rcbo
test :-) Chopped the hedge trimmer cable today, that is ok, it is the
13th tomorrow... wish the milkman would stop wearing the Scream
mask... very offputting.