Posted to uk.d-i-y
js.b1 js.b1 is offline

Default Refurbishing table lamp... cord grip

On Aug 12, 1:16*pm, Owain wrote:
I think the side flex exit lampholders make it more likely that if the
flex is pulled the lamp will overturn and get broken, with an exit
near the base the lamp is more likely to slide along the surface and
survive.

It is an odd idea, I am sure they used to do it on some "standard
lamps" which are the worst for stability.

Currently core diamond cutting the base, then I can pull out a loop of
cable and fit a P-clip or nylon clamp. A bit of effort, but at least
it is done properly.

Got to do a centre light next... that is really asking for a "del boy"
moment because it is piggin 1960s hideous :-)