Posted to alt.home.repair
The Ranger The Ranger is offline

Default Icemaker for Kenmore Elite Mystery

I have a Kenmore Elite, Model 105.56709500, which has done a good job of
working with minimal efforts (a few DIY filters replaced for the water and
ice dispensers, coils vacuumed, etc.) towards maintainance required.

I swapped out the "frosted" and dehydrated ice storage bin, rinsed the
crushing cavity with warm water, let everything air-dry, and re-assembled
the unit as I've done so often no thought is required when performing this
task. I closed the freezer back up and waited for the ice maker to start
pumping ice. It's been three days and there's not one cube. I checked the
water dispenser; free-flowing, cold water there. I checked to make sure the
shut-off flap is closing correctly; it is. I cleared the reset buttons for
power failure and when you swap out a filter. Nothing is allowing ice to be
made. There isn't any ice build-up within the mechanisms...

Is there anything else I might have overlooked? There isn't any ice build-up
within the mechanisms...

Many thanks!

The Ranger