Posted to rec.woodworking
knuttle knuttle is offline

Default Metal rods for filing cabinet?

On 8/12/2010 12:35 PM, Lenona wrote:
I have a wooden filing cabinet with two drawers. All the removable
rods that hold up the hanging files are the same length - about 14
inches. However, over the years, the wood seems to have worn away a
bit around the holes on the right hand side. So now the rods won't
stay up whenever I open or close the drawer. Staples doesn't have
anything to replace them with. I'm guessing even rods that are 1/8 of
an inch longer might be OK - but I'm aiming for 1/4 inch, just so I
can have them trimmed if necessary.

So, where do I look? (No, I don't know the name of the company that
made the cabinet.)

Thanks.

Lenona.

Can you buy some plastic insert. Something like the inserts that are
used to hold screws in drywall. Cut the spreading end off and glue them
into the oversized holes.

I am sure that is something that is made for this, maybe cabinet shelf
pep systems.