Posted to rec.woodworking
Lenona Lenona is offline

Default Metal rods for filing cabinet?

I have a wooden filing cabinet with two drawers. All the removable
rods that hold up the hanging files are the same length - about 14
inches. However, over the years, the wood seems to have worn away a
bit around the holes on the right hand side. So now the rods won't
stay up whenever I open or close the drawer. Staples doesn't have
anything to replace them with. I'm guessing even rods that are 1/8 of
an inch longer might be OK - but I'm aiming for 1/4 inch, just so I
can have them trimmed if necessary.

So, where do I look? (No, I don't know the name of the company that
made the cabinet.)

Thanks.

Lenona.