Posted to alt.home.repair
keith keith is offline

Default Hot Dog Saw Tested on Finger

On Aug 11, 9:02*pm, aemeijers wrote:
notbob wrote:
On 2010-08-11, HeyBub wrote:
wrote:

30 years ago who would have thought the government would require a
dead man's switch on a lawn mower..

Uh, lawnmowers DO have a dead-man's switch.

Uh, perceptive readers would have realized that is exactly what the
poster was saying.

nb

I wonder what percentage of lawnmowers with deadman switches have not
had them bypassed or disabled? A few exotic magnets took care of mine
the first time I fired it up, and within a week I dug up a big cable tie
to immobilize that silly rear skirt so I could pull the mower backwards.
(How can you mow under stuff without pulling it backwards? Idiots.)

My bet is a pretty high percentage are unmodified. I haven't seen the
need to disable the dead-man switch on mine. It easily restarts so
it's not a big deal. Mowers aren't like they were thirty years ago.
OTOH, the backwards thing is a PITA.

My changes will take 30 seconds to reverse once it comes time to sell or
junk the mower.

Why?