Posted to uk.d-i-y
aberdeen aberdeen is offline

Default Combi condensate pipe to rainwater downpipe.

Is it acceptable to boss a condesate pipe into a rainwater downpipe
that empties onto a glassfibre flat roof ? I was kind of hoping that
this would help the condensate pipe from freezing however I'm not
entirely convinced its a good idea as I'm aware that the condensate is
acidic so would be concerned that over time this could have an effect
on the glassfibre roof...
I could possibly run it to the soil stack but want to avoid excess
external pipework especially when its in white.