Posted to alt.home.repair
JimT[_2_] JimT[_2_] is offline

Default Hot Dog Saw Tested on Finger

"aemeijers" wrote in message
JimT wrote:

"Red Green" wrote in message
Caught a show called Time Warp on Discovery last night.

http://dsc.discovery.com/tv/time-warp/time-warp.html

Had never seen the show before. Couple of guys do extremely high speed
video of all kinds of things. 1000fps 10,000fps range.

They had the guy with the Hot Dog Saw. He actually very slowly touched
the
tip of one of his fingers to the blade for the show. No cuts or blood.
He
was extremely reserved on his approach to say the least.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9P2aMVE0_uM

I didn't watch the whole thing. He actually sticks his finger in it?
Balls!

My connection is too slow to watch videos. Does he come at it from top,
leading edge, or the side near the hub? The latter wouldn't frighten me
too much- friction burns would be the immediate risk.

--
aem sends...

He carefully, slowly moves his middle finger and just barely touchs the
blade like he's feeding a board but slower. Straight in. It looks to me
like, if he fed it in at the speed of shoving a board in, it would cause
more damage. But impressive anyway. He says he just feels a tickle of the
blade. No cuts or blood.