Posted to alt.home.repair

Default Hot Dog Saw Tested on Finger

On 8/11/2010 2:39 PM, Steve Barker wrote:
On 8/11/2010 11:55 AM, DerbyDad03 wrote:
On Aug 11, 12:28 pm, wrote:
On Aug 11, 11:28 am, Steve wrote:

the way i understand it, the 'brake' mechanism is about $100 plus the
price of the blade it ruined. Then there's the labor and down time on
the saw. It's a worthless item, no one who uses their saw every day
would have one.

You believe that it less likely that there will be an accident if
someone uses something more? It doesn't quite work that way.

Do you have life insurance? Homeowner's insurance? Car insurance?
Ever use any of them? I'll take a stab at it and guess you've never
needed the first one...yet...but as far as the others if you haven't
used them, why do you have them?

Trot on over to rec.woodworking and ask how many people over there
have been bitten by a saw. Those are people who use saws every day.
No one gets a free pass on accidents. Not amateurs, not pros.

Trot on over to rec.woodworking and ask how many people over there
have been bitten by a saw.

Then ask them if they have replaced the saw that bit them with a
SawStop.

I'd be willing to bet, no woodworker worth his salt would have one of
these pieces of **** in their shop.

Every carpenter I've ever met on a construction site will tie back
the blade guard on a power circular saw. They have to set it upside
down after using it. I've seen a dumbass put one down and it took
off across the room because he forgot the guard was tied back.

TDD