Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
RangersSuck RangersSuck is offline

Default Now I've seen everything...

On Aug 11, 7:03*pm, Wes wrote:
"Pete C." wrote:
More rotation and my fingernail was not moving axially. Somehow, this
10' length of all-thread had a wee little mishap in the thread roller
and it rolled a nice series of groves - no helix at all. Impressive, and
good quality control.

I spent close to half an hour once running 1 1/4" pipe that just would not connect to the
next one in the string. *Long lengths of pipe are shipped with a coupler on one end so you
can just put them up.

Finally, I take the *coupler off on the far end of the pipe with the idea of chasing it
since there may be a burr. *Looking down the hole, I saw left and right hand threads.
Someone had to have had a strange sense of humor to pull that chit. *

Where would a left hand right hand coupler ever be used? *If it hadn't happened to me, I'd
call bullchit on this.

Wes

in their eyes." *Dick Anthony Heller

New York subways use left-hand-threaded light bulbs to prevent theft.