Posted to alt.home.repair
Bill[_9_] Bill[_9_] is offline

Default Amenities found in upscale homes

"Nonnymus" wrote in message
What amenities, features and the like do you find in your own area of the
country, such as the above?

The craftsmanship of the windows, doors, and cabinetry is exceptional.
Everything works like a fine Swiss watch!

I've seen a couple of homes with elevators. One home near Beverly Hills is
said to have a elevator in the garage which goes to an underground parking
area which will fit 7 limousines!

I heard another "house" near Beverly Hills had a staff of 60 people working
there! (I'm still trying to figure out what that many people would do?)

One home had a walk-in refrigerator the size of a small kid's bedroom. Also
had small doors which accessed shelves for things like milk. The lady who
had the house built wanted that to store her full length mink coats and
other clothes! (Cold storage?)

Then some of these homes have kitchens with ranges and stainless steel
refrigerators you would find in a restaurant kitchen.

One had an exhaust fan system in the living room to remove the smoke during
parties (designed in the 60's).

One had living room windows so long left to right, they *had* to have
electrically operated drapes. Otherwise you would be there all day pulling
on the cord to open/close them! Press a button and the drapes open to a
fantastic view - quite dramatic...

Then massive amounts of space in the rooms. And massive amounts of rooms.

One very large mansion had a regular 3 bedroom ranch size house with it's
own pool for the guest house. Had a 5 car garage, maid's and gardener's
quarters. A sunken 3 story high living room the size of my house. His and
hers bathroom with gym in his area and bidet/Hollywood make-up lighted
mirrors in hers. Heated towel racks, Jacuzzi, steam room, etc. Wine cellar,
and on and on.

They called me there to do some work because they were going to their
"summer home"!

Must be nice, but I couldn't afford to pay just the taxes...