Posted to rec.woodworking
d.williams d.williams is offline

Default OT? Amenities in homes

"Leon" wrote in message
Currently My wife and I are preparing to build a new home. Certainly not
high end but it will most likely have most of what you have mentioned. I
suppose it is all relative as a for instance your mention of 10' ceilings
being in lower custom homes. Our 30 year old "starter home" has 10 foot
ceilings. Rounded corner sheet rock has been the norm in all new
construction for 15 + years. Hard wood trim is common but typically a
marginal up grade. What is a Pot Shelf? Skupltured/stepped ceilings and
crown molding are available in starter homes. Fancy front doors are
common.
Starting to see fire places offered in the back yard patio. Granite is
common place and a 3 car garage is becoming a common neighborhoow sighting
for homes in new neighborhoods. Our new home will have a 3 car garage.

At the moment the home we are most interested in and appointed the way we
want will have, 10" ceilings, Island kitchen, extra study room, 3
bedrooms, formal dining, breakfast nook, 3 car garage, brick 3 sides,
extral high roof line, tile in all rooms except bedrooms, oval tub and
seperate shower, remote controlled fire place, radient barrier decking,
double pained low-e windows, Cat 5 media wiring to name the most obvious
and just under 2100 sq. ft. single story. $148K.

Sounds like that would take care of my needs too. That's a lotta house
for 148K, at least in my neck of the woods. I assume that's no basement and
not including the lot?