Posted to alt.home.repair
Ultraglide Ultraglide is offline

Default Toshiba Flat Screen TV

"Nonnymus" wrote in message

"Peter" wrote in message

On 8/8/2010 7:53 PM, Ultraglide wrote:
I have a Toshiba flat screen TV which belonged to my late
mother-in-law. It
is only just over a year old (LCD I believe). Tonight the volume just
quit
on me - all channels. Any ideas, suggestions?

We've had this on our cable system here at home. By unplugging the CABLE
box and then replugging it in, the sound returns.

Nonny

The sound came back on the next day and has been OK since. I have another
TV with the same cable box so if it ever happens again I will just switch
boxes or just hook the TV straight to the cable line to determine whether it
is the box or the TV. Just a note, the other TV was working fine when
everything happened.